Have you ever seen a Berry Watermelon Pizza? It is the perfect summer dessert! This one is topped with sliced strawberries, fresh blueberries, dried shredded coconut and vegan chocolate sauce. It is ready in less than 10 minutes and an easy recipe for kids to make.
First, you will want to slice your watermelon into triangles. About 7 triangles will suffice for a small pizza that will cover a large dinner plate.
Slice 4 strawberries into rings and place throughout the Berry Watermelon Pizza.
Top with blueberries. If you don’t want the blueberries rolling off, you can also cut them in half. I would suggest you do this if you are serving this to small children.
Next, sprinkle some shredded dried coconut throughout.
For the last and final step, you can drizzle some vegan chocolate sauce. I use Barlean’s Essential Women Chocolate Mint Sauce. This is my go-to vegan “healthy” chocolate sauce. It is made with flaxseed and evening primrose oil. I swirl this on my Paleo Waffles or smoothies. If you want a plain vegan chocolate sauce, I suggest you melt some vegan chocolate chips. I use Enjoy chocolate chips, they are my favorite!
If you are having kids put this pizza together, make a Berry Watermelon Pizza Station. Place the watermelon in a big bowl and let each child pick the slices they will eat. For smaller kids, 3-4 should be enough, for 8 and up, they can make a full pizza of 7 slices. Put small individual bowls of sliced strawberries, blueberries, dried shredded coconut and chocolate sauce. Some additional topping ideas would be vegan chocolate chips or coconut whipped cream. Yum! That would be a really fun project! I will definitely be doing this for playdates this summer! I love hosting and serving up a storm when we have guests!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Looking for more gluten free/paleo friendly dessert recipes, check out:
- 7 slices of watermelon, shaped like triangles
- 4 strawberries sliced
- 12 blueberries
- 1-2 teaspoons shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce
- Place watermelon slices on a plate with the tips pointing in the center so that a circle is formed.
- Top with sliced strawberries. Top with blueberries, sprinkle with dried coconut and drizzle chocolate sauce.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Green Chicken and Chorizo Enchiladas with Dairy Free Crema - 23 March, 2017
- Ultimate Gluten Free Pantry Clean-out: “18 Foods to Replace When Going Gluten Free - 21 March, 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Healthy Treat bag with free Printable - 14 March, 2017