Chia pudding is all the rage in the health arena. Chia seeds are high in Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, anti-oxidants and calcium. This yummy chia pudding parfait is not only delicious but also nutritious! It is perfect as a dessert or a breakfast treat. I used Chocolate Coconut Whipped Cream in this recipe and it tasted heavenly! Plain Coconut Whipped Cream would also be yummy!
This recipe makes two servings. Next time I am doubling the recipe!!! I served this to my husband and son and I regret not making more of it! I just had a measly spoonful as I gazed at my husband and son licking their spoons while eating their tantalizing dessert.
Tonight I will be soaking chia seeds in my fridge and having this for breakfast with fresh fruit. Chia seeds can be a bit bland so layering it with fruit and coconut cream brings all the flavors together. There is a lot going on in this parfait but everything works together perfectly!
I used to buy the chia pudding cups from Whole Foods but from now on, I will be making my own! Please share your favorite version of chia pudding below.
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
- 1½ cups almond milk
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 drops vanilla stevia
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- ½ ripe banana, sliced
- ½ cup chocolate coconut whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs
- Place almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract and stevia in a mason jar. Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- To assemble chia pudding parfaits, divide half of the chia pudding among the bottoms of 2 glasses, top with half of sliced strawberries, half of banana slices and half of chocolate coconut whipped cream.
- Repeat Step 2 with remaining chia seed pudding, strawberry slices, banana slices and coconut whipped cream.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cacao nibs on each chia pudding parfait. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- No-Bake Dark Chocolate Strawberry Energy Bites - 17 April, 2017
- Ultimate Self-Serve Snack Drawer For Busy Families - 10 April, 2017
- Gluten Free Banana Spice Cake w/Vegan Cream Cheese - 5 April, 2017