Did you know that you can have lunch for breakfast? Yes, oddly enough, being on the Whole30 cleanse got me into eating a really hearty breakfast. I craved salads for breakfast, such as this one. It has lettuce, chicken, avocado, carrots, jicama and a homemade Italian dressing. Super simple, yet very satisfying and nourishing. I learned to eat foods that make me feel really good after I eat them. Do your meals make you feel that way? If they don’t they should, they could, would you give it a try? Have a salad for breakfast and see how you feel?
Did you know that food has the power to transform disease? It really does! I got my blood work done this week to see how my Hashimotos Hypothyroidism is doing after two rounds of the Whole30 Cleanse and my thyroid numbers are returning to normal. My TSH went down almost a whole point and the A Anti-Thryoid Peroxidase Anti-body went down 22 points! I feel amazing so I am glad that my blood work is a reflection of that. My doctor said to stay as close to the Whole30 diet as possible. This anti-inflammatory diet is bringing me amazing results. I am so proud of myself for sticking with it. It is not easy to eat this way when I am surrounded by so much temptation, but I am feeling so great, that I have decided to stay grain-free for at least 6 months and re-evaluate my decision. So expect lots of yummy Whole30, grain-free recipes coming up. I will be adding grain free breads and grain free pastas in my diet on occasion so keep an eye out for those yummy recipes.
I hope you enjoy this simple yet delicious Chicken Salad with Italian Dressing. It is one of my favorite salads.
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- ½ head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup cubed jicama
- For Dressing: Blend all dressing ingredients together in a food processor and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For Salad: In a large bowl, toss lettuce, chicken, carrot, avocado, jicama and desired amount of dressing in a large bowl. Taste salad and add more dressing, salt or pepper to taste.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Green Chicken and Chorizo Enchiladas with Dairy Free Crema - 23 March, 2017
- Ultimate Gluten Free Pantry Clean-out: “18 Foods to Replace When Going Gluten Free - 21 March, 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Healthy Treat bag with free Printable - 14 March, 2017