These crackers are crispy, crunchy and add a whole new dimension to your guacamole. Flax seeds are very high in both insoluble and soluble fiber and therefore promotes a healthy colon. They are also full of B vitamins, magnesium, and Omega 3 fatty acids.
I love the way my skin glows when I add flaxmeal into my daily diet. If you have never tried flax meal, you can buy it already ground at Trader Joes or Whole Foods and add small amounts to your smoothies, muffins, meatballs and crackers. A little goes a long way!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Crispy Flax Crackers
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of organic ground flaxmeal
- 1 cup of organic golden flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
- Just enough filtered water to made a stiff dough (about 3/4 cup of water)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground flaxmeal, flaxseeds, salt, onion powder, garlic, sesame seeds and caraway seeds.
- Slowly add water until a ball forms that will hold together. Feel free to add a bit more flaxmeal if it is too wet.
- Divide ball in half and roll into two balls.
- Get two baking sheets ready and line with parchment paper.
- Place a ball on center of each lined baking sheet and place another parchment paper on top.
- Roll out dough until it is a quarter inch thick.
- Score dough with a knife into 2-3 inch squares or diamonds.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and slide off of parchment and onto baking sheet. Bake 5 more minutes or until crispy.
- Serve with guacamole, hummus, salsa or soup.