Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets Recipe. Perfectly pressure-cooked beets. This fool-proof step by step tutorial will give you wonderful delicious golden beets ready for salads, making hummus or throwing into smoothies.
This mighty vegetable is high in fiber, potassium and calcium making it the perfect addition to a balanced diet. It is naturally gluten, grain and dairy free.
This recipe can be used in my Kale and Golden Beet Salad w/Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette.
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
How to Make Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets
- Instant Pot (I am using a large 8 quart)
- Trivet or steamer basket (most include a trivet with purchase)
First of all, rinse and scrub your beets well. Cut the leaves off of your beets. Mine came already cut so I had to make an extra slice.
Place 2 cups of water in your Instant Pot, a trivet and your beets.
If you want your beets crunchy, then place on high pressure for 7 minutes, if you prefer them soft then put for 12 minutes.
My favorite is 12 minutes, kinda like the soft “salad bar” type beets.
Put the Instant Pot on sealing mode.
Once the timer beeps, allow to sit in the Instant Pot for another 14 minutes.
Once your Instant Pot Golden Beets are ready, release the steam carefully with an oven mitt or wooden spoon.
Carefully remove the beets with tongs.
Consequently, get a cutting board ready with a knife and paper towels. Allow your beets to cool enough so you can handle them.
How to Remove the Skin off your Instant Pot Golden Beets
Using a paper towel, gently remove the skin off your golden beets and discard. I try to not touch the beets with my hands due to the risk of getting stained.
If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, peel away with your fingers! I have read that baking soda can help remove some of the stains.
The next step in this Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets Recipe is to slice the beets to your preference.
I prefer wedges so I cut my beets in half and then slice 1/4” thick.
If you prefer them in round slices, lay your beet on its side and slice thinly.
How to Store Your Instant Pot Golden Beets
Once your beets are sliced, store them in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. A glass tupperware works best.
They can be stored up to 2 weeks if you vacuum seal them with a Foodsaver.
My personal favorite way to eat these Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets are in my Kale and Golden Beet Salad w/Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette. It is delicious, vibrant and ready in 10 minutes! See photo below…yum!
Finally, know you are eating a powerhouse! These beets are chockfull of fiber, calcium and potassium so be sure to include them in your diet 😀
If you ❤️ these Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets, then hop on over to check out my other easy Instant Pot Recipes:
For more delicious and easy to follow gluten free recipes, be sure to subscribe below. You will get my free Delicious Paleo Breakfast e-book as my gift to you.Print
Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 26 mins
- Total Time: 31
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium golden beets
- Rinse and scrub beets. Cut off leafy part.
- Add 2 cups of water to the Instant Pot and place trivet or steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Add beets, place lid and put on sealing mode.
- Turn Instant Pot on to high pressure for 12 minutes for soft beets (my favorite) and 7 minutes for crunchy beets.
- Once timer beeps, allow to sit another 14 minutes to steam.
- Using an oven mitt or wooden spoon, release pressure. Careful with the steam!
- Use tongs to carefully remove beets from the Instant Pot.
- Place beets on a cutting board and allow to cool to touch before removing skins.
- Use a paper towel to remove skins and slice before serving.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Kale and Golden Beet Salad w/Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette - 16 January, 2018
- Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets - 11 January, 2018
- Instant Pot Paleo Cinnamon Walnut Sweet Potato Bread - 27 December, 2017