This roasted vegetable recipe is fundamental in my meal planning Mondays. I make this huge tray of potatoes, Brussel sprouts, eggplant, baby carrots, onion and garlic and it only takes 10 minutes prep time! They are absolutely fantastic roasted vegetables! I serve these vegetables as a side dish with chicken, in a soup or even eat a big bowl for breakfast. It’s great to have these on hand over the next three days and not have to worry about making a side dish.
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
HOW TO MAKE FANTASTIC ROASTED VEGETABLES
You will Need:
- red potatoes, large or baby potatoes (actually, any potato will work, even sweet potato)
- Brussel sprouts
- eggplant, I use Chinese eggplant
- avocado or olive oil
- parchment paper
- baking sheet, I use a Baker’s half sheet (I love these! I have two!)
- large mixing bowl
The first thing you want to do is pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and get your baking sheet ready. I like to use a Baker’s half sheet because it fills my whole oven. While I roast my vegetables, I use my top rack to make Rosemary Roasted Chicken (recipe coming soon) and yams. I use another half sheet covered with a baking rack. It’s very practical and time saving, see below!
This is a great way to prep food for the week if you are on Whole30 or don’t have a lot of time to cook. I use chicken to make tacos, salad or soups and yams for a delicious puree with cinnamon.
Next, you will add all your prepped veggies to a large mixing bowl and toss in the oil and sprinkle salt all over. The best way to mix this is with your hands so that you make sure all the salt is spread out evenly. Plus, olive oil is SO good for your skin! It’s a great treatment!
Then, spread all the vegetables on your baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. I like to store my vegetables in a Foodsaver container so they stay fresh longer. I use the 10 cup Foodsaver container so my vegetables don’t get smashed.
So this is what my Meal Planning Monday’s look like! If you are interested in more meal planning, meal prep or batch cooking, please let me know and I will include more recipes!
Did you love this recipe? Have a favorite veggie blend? Let me know in the comments below.
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
- 4 large red potatoes, cut in eighths or 16 mini red potatoes, cut in half
- 10 Brussel sprouts cut in half
- handful of baby carrots
- 1 medium Chinese eggplant cut into triangles
- 2 medium zucchini sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 onion sliced into large chunks
- 8-10 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 6-8 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet (I use a half sheet) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, Brussel sprouts, baby carrots, eggplant, zucchini, onion and garlic. Pour oil over veggies and sprinkle salt throughout. Toss around with hands to distribute salt and oil throughout veggies.
- Spread veggies onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Green Chicken and Chorizo Enchiladas with Dairy Free Crema - 23 March, 2017
- Ultimate Gluten Free Pantry Clean-out: “18 Foods to Replace When Going Gluten Free - 21 March, 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Healthy Treat bag with free Printable - 14 March, 2017