This easy No-Churn Strawberry Vegan Ice Cream is rich and creamy. Just blend all ingredients in the blender, pour into a loaf pan and let the magic happen. In a few hours, you have a creamy luscious ice cream that resembles a classic store bought version.
If you haven’t noticed, this is the first ice cream recipe on Nurture My Gut. Yup, it’s true! I have been working on vegan ice cream recipes for the last few years and unfortunately, all I get is something I am not proud to share.
The flavors are amazing but the texture is icy. Tis the reason, no yummy ice cream recipes, until now! I have finally discovered the secret to creamy ice cream!
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
Okay, it’s not really a secret! Just check out the ingredients in store bought vegan ice creams and you will find xanthan gum in the list. I was actually avoiding adding xanthan gum to my ice cream because I wanted to keep the ingredients clean and minimal, but with so many failures, I decided to give it a chance. I am so glad that I did! The texture is just like an ice cream full of dairy. Seriously, this is so creamy! I am looking forward to making more No-Churn Vegan Ice Cream Recipes for you.
Adding xanthan gum (corn free version)is truly the secret to an extra creamy No-Churn Vegan Ice Cream. You do not even need an ice cream maker, just blend your ingredients, pour into a container and freeze for 5-6 hours. Let your ice cream thaw for a few minutes and then its ready to scoop into bowls or onto my gluten free waffle cones.
I will be working on a vegan chocolate ice cream. Any flavors you want to see on the blog? Please make your request in the comments below!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these popular gluten free recipes:Print
No-Churn Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 5 hours 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (13.66 oz)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy.
- Add to a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 4-5 hours for a soft serve ice cream and 5-6 hours for a “firm” ice cream or overnight. Allow to thaw for 5 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes - 18 October, 2017
- Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles with Easy Blueberry Compote - 10 October, 2017
- How to Make Coconut Kefir - 3 October, 2017