Ready for a delightful fall recipe? These Paleo Apple Pizza Pie Bites bring you all the delicious fall flavors into one yummy treat! I combine sweet apple + cinnamon sugar + grain free everything dough! Oh, yes, what a marvelous combination! My daughter calls these apple pizza pie bites!
As a result of baking these, I need to warn you that your home will smell amazing and you may have your neighbors tempted to knock on your door! Will you surrender a few over? Why not share some over a cup of tea?
Consequently, these will make the ultimate treat topped off with vegan caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream. Oh my! What a treat!
In addition, these Apple Pizza Pie Bites can also be cut into triangles as in The Blonde Cook’s Apple Pie Bite Recipe. While she does use crescent dough, which is not gluten free, I have successfully made the triangles with my Grain Free Everything Dough Recipe and they taste great!
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
First of all, you will want to review the key items and tips proven to create success.
Success Tips for making Paleo Apple Pizza Pie Bites:
- use a good flavored shortening such as Nutiva which has a buttery flavor (you can use butter if you do not have a dairy allergy)
- use sweet apples such as Fuji apples
- be sure to cover your Grain Free Everything Dough when not in use so it does not try out
- use tapioca flour for dusting dough so it does not stick to your surface
- use an even sized rolling pin so your pizza pie bites cook evenly
- use a biscuit cutter to make circles
Loving this Grain Free Everything Dough for these Paleo Apple Pizza Pie Bites? Don’t miss out on the terrific grain free recipes you can create with this dough. This dough is grain free, gluten free and dairy free.
Additional Recipes from Grain Free Everything Dough:
- Grain Free Everything Pizza
- Grain Free Everything Cinnamon Rolls
- Grain Free Everything Empanadas
- Paleo Pita Bread
What else would you like to see made with this dough? Please share in the comments below and thank you for stopping by 🙂
- 1 Batch Grain Free Everything Dough
- tapioca flour for dusting and rolling
- 1 large Fuji apple thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Shortening (Nutiva is best)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, stir together shortening, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Dust hands, rolling pin and surface with tapioca flour. Roll out dough to ¼ inch thick. Use a circular biscuit cutter to cut out circles. You will have about 18-20 circles.
- Spread a small amount of cinnamon sugar over pizza circles and top with 3 slices of apples.
- Place pizza circles on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm. For an extra treat, top with caramel sauce or coconut whipped cream.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Garlic Chicken with Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad - 26 April, 2017
- No-Bake Dark Chocolate Strawberry Energy Bites - 17 April, 2017
- Ultimate Self-Serve Snack Drawer For Busy Families - 10 April, 2017