Paleo Apple Pizza Pie Bites
- Author: Ester Perez
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 pizzas
- Category: Dessert
- 1 Batch Grain Free Everything Dough
- tapioca flour for dusting and rolling
- 1 large Fuji apple thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Shortening (Nutiva is best)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, stir together shortening, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Dust hands, rolling pin and surface with tapioca flour. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Use a circular biscuit cutter to cut out circles. You will have about 18-20 circles.
- Spread a small amount of cinnamon sugar over pizza circles and top with 3 slices of apples.
- Place pizza circles on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm. For an extra treat, top with caramel sauce or coconut whipped cream.