I am finishing up my second round of Whole30 and I am feeling great! Last week I felt like I was so over meat but I pushed through the cleanse remembering that is how I always feel before feeling great. Sure enough, these last few days, I have felt an inner well being that I have not felt since I did the Body Ecology Diet for 3 months. Right now, at this moment, I am feeling happy, actually, euphoric! It is my gut healing, the inflammation going down, my brain getting more nutrients and B-Vitamins. Oh, the rewards of eating nourishing foods. Change the food you put on your plate and you will change the way you feel. Yes, the rewards are worth it! Now on to this delicious Paleo Friendly Chocolate Chili!
Chili is something that my family loves! I make it every week. My kids love chili and this time, I got inspired by Melissa’s Paleo Cincinnati Chili over at The Clothes Make The Girl and made my own version. I can never follow a recipe, I always end up changing this or that to suit my palate. I made this several times until I decided upon this recipe here. It has just the right amount of chocolate, uses homemade chicken stock and tastes amazing! I make this kid friendly because my kids can’t handle the heat yet, so feel free to add some cayenne pepper to spice things up. I add capsicum to my bowl. I love spicy chili!
I like to serve this Paleo Friendly Chocolate Chili on fresh spinach leaves and top with cubes of avocado. It is a hearty meal and can be served any time of day!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy Paleo friendly recipes:
Paleo Friendly Chili
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 1 Tablespoon chicken or bacon fat
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 14.5 ounce can unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock AKA chicken bone broth
- 3 carrots chopped
- 3 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt (or more to taste)
- pepper to taste
- Heat fat in a large stockpot to medium-low heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and turkey and brown until fully cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Kale and Golden Beet Salad w/Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette - 16 January, 2018
- Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets - 11 January, 2018
- Instant Pot Paleo Cinnamon Walnut Sweet Potato Bread - 27 December, 2017