This Paleo Honey Dijon Chicken with Bacon, Mushrooms & Sun-Dried Tomatoes is the best clean eating, finger licking chicken recipe made in 35 minutes or less! This is an easy one pot meal the whole family will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
I was searching on Pinterest for yummy one-pot meals to make and was inspired by a Creamy Maple Chicken w/Bacon Recipe by Wholesomelicious. I slightly tweaked her recipe to make it my own by replacing the maple syrup with honey, leeks with onions and adding sun-dried tomatoes. I think you would also like her original recipe, it’s Paleo friendly.
This recipe would go perfect over my Gluten free Pasta Recipe for an extra special meal. My pasta is made with simply blanched almond flour, tapioca flour, eggs and salt. My husband had the same thought as we were eating this! He said, “Oh, this would go so good over your pasta!”
You can find this updated the recipe called Paleo Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
What I like about this recipe is that it is a one-pot meal and you can make it in 35 minutes or less. If you are using chicken tenders, then you can probably have this ready in 25 minutes! Now that my kiddos are back in school, I want to be as efficient as I can in the kitchen. There is a lot of homework to get done and being in the kitchen for longer than 30 minutes is a luxury that can only be left for the weekend! If you have kids, I am sure you can relate! Fast, healthy and flavorful meals in 35 minutes or less are a lifesaver! Especially those that you can walk away from so you can set the table or get dishes done!
I will have more healthy and delicious one pot meals on the blog so be sure to subscribe below you don’t miss any recipes!
Simple Steps for making: Paleo Honey Dijon Chicken with Bacon, Mushrooms & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
To make this meal, you will need to heat a large saucepan to medium heat. Thinly slice your bacon and saute for 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove your bacon and set it aside for garnishing your meal at the end.
Stir ingredients together and then add your chicken. Coat your chicken in the sauce and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, reduce to a medium simmer. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, flip your chicken over and simmer another 10 minutes.
You can check your chicken in the center with a knife to make sure its fully cooked. Depending on the thickness of your chicken, it will ready between 15-20 minutes, keep an eye on it so it does not over-cook.
Once your chicken is cooked through, you can season with salt & pepper to your liking and garnish with bacon and freshly chopped parsley.
This Paleo Honey Dijon Chicken with Bacon, Mushrooms & Sun-Dried Tomatoes will be go perfectly with a light side salad for dinner!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
Paleo Honey Dijon Chicken with Bacon, Mushrooms & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 28 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I used Baby Bella, any will work)
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil( I used Delallo)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to taste
- garnish with parsley
- Bring a large saucepan or stockpot to medium heat. Add your bacon pieces and saute until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add your onion, garlic and mushrooms to bacon grease. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, honey and mustard and stir. Add chicken and coat in sauce. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a moderate simmer. Turn chicken halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking.
- Once chicken is cooked through, (check with a knife in thickest part of breast) about 15-20 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with bacon and parsley.