Do you have a hard time getting your veggies in? This delicious Rise & Shine Smoothie is packed with 5 different fruits and veggies. The taste of broccoli being one of the most nutrient packed veggies is completely hidden in this breakfast smoothie with my secret ingredient.
To your high speed blender, add 1/2 cucumber, 1 carrot chopped, 1 head of broccoli florets, 5 strawberries, 2 cups of frozen pineapple and 2 cups of apple juice. Blend on high for 20 seconds and pour into 2 large glasses. The secret ingredient? Pineapple of course! When you want to cover the taste of bitter veggies like broccoli, kale or dandelion greens in a smoothie or juice, just add pineapple! It will completely overpower the other flavors, making bitter greens and veggies completely palatable even for the pickiest eaters! Plus, it is full of enzymes and vitamin C.
I like to have this breakfast Rise & Shine Smoothie in the morning. It is very dense and will give you energy for hours.
The apple juice makes this breakfast smoothie taste amazing but feel free to replace it with ice if you have candida overgrowth.
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy healthy breakfast recipes:
- ½ large cucumber
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, florets only
- 5 strawberries
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 2 cups organic apple juice
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into 2 large glasses and serve.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Green Chicken and Chorizo Enchiladas with Dairy Free Crema - 23 March, 2017
- Ultimate Gluten Free Pantry Clean-out: “18 Foods to Replace When Going Gluten Free - 21 March, 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Healthy Treat bag with free Printable - 14 March, 2017