I have been longing to make homemade strawberry bars from freeze dried strawberries. The pronounced flavors of strawberry blend perfectly with dark velvety chocolate.
These turned out to be more of a treat than an actual energy bar, but my husband and children did not mind that at all! I do think that next time I will just drizzle chocolate across and have this right after yoga.
I know this will be a family favorite in my home. I hope that you enjoy this recipe and make it for your family too. They will be very grateful…trust me!!!
Being gluten free does not have to be depriving or boring…no, not at all!!!!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries (from Trader Joes)
- ½ cup shredded dried coconut, unsweetened
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut oil
- 8 dates, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Palm Shortening (Spectrum)
- In a food processor, add cashews, almonds, strawberries, coconut, coconut oil, honey, dates and salt. Process for 3 minutes or until mixture is sticky. Add more honey if needed.
- If necessary, stop processor and scoop sides down to make sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Run again for 1-2 minutes.
- Line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper and divide mixture among pans. Press mixture down firmly and evenly. Place in freezer while you prepare topping.
- For topping, fill a small pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Place a large glass or metal mixing bowl on top of pot and pour chocolate chips and palm shortening in bowl.
- Stir constantly with a spatula until all chocolate is melted. This should take only 1-2 minutes.
- Remove both loaf pans from freezer and divide chocolate mixture between pans.
- Top each loaf pan with melted chocolate and smooth evenly with a spatula. Place in the refrigerator until set.
- Remove from pan, slice each block into 8 bars or little squares.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Green Chicken and Chorizo Enchiladas with Dairy Free Crema - 23 March, 2017
- Ultimate Gluten Free Pantry Clean-out: “18 Foods to Replace When Going Gluten Free - 21 March, 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Healthy Treat bag with free Printable - 14 March, 2017