Have you ever heard of a Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pie? If you have not, you are in for a treat. This tastes like a decadent French Dessert. I serve this for holidays and family gatherings. This would be a perfect gluten free vegan Valentine’s Day treat for that special someone in your life.
This was actually one of my Grandfather’s favorite desserts. I would cut down on the sugar for him by using a blend of Lakanto and Stevia instead of maple syrup to make it diabetic friendly. Oh how he loved it and oh how I miss him! This one is for you Grandpa! He is the person that inspired my love for cooking! I was only 10 years old when he asked me to make him a full on breakfast and although it was not very good, I was determined to get it right, and I never stopped cooking! My Grandmother thinks he may have been testing me but I took him very seriously and so the cooking adventures began. So here we are, cooking together, thanks to his faith in me! Never underestimate your kids abilities, they are far more capable than you think! So, back to our Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pie Recipe…
First, you will need a cup of raw almonds and a few dates, about 3-4. Run the ingredients through a food processor. I love my Cuisinart Mini Prep-Plus Food Processor! It even makes the perfect mayonnaise.
Press your mixture into a springform pan. I used a 6 inch, but a 9 inch will work too.
Next, you will need ripe avocados, cocoa powder, maple syrup, unrefined coconut oil, cinnamon and pure vanilla extract. See exact measurements below.
Let your Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pie defrost for 15 minutes at room temperature. Then, run a sharp knife or thin metal spatula along the outer edges before removing. I ran my cake decorating spatula in hot water so it was easier to separate the pie from the pan. Place on an 8 inch cake stand.
Once it is removed, top your pie with fresh berries or whipped coconut cream.
For delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these delicious gluten free desserts:
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pie RecipePrint
Vegan Crust for Chocolate Avocado Pie
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dessert
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 pitted dates
- pinch of salt
- 1/2-1 tsp filtered water (optional)
- Add almonds, dates and salt to food processor. Process until finely ground. Press mixture between fingers to see if it sticks together. If it is too dry, add 1/2 a teaspoon of water at a time until mixture sticks between your fingers.
- Press into a pie pan. I used a 6 inch springform pan. A 9” will also work. You can work some crust up the sides if using the smaller pan.
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pie Recipe
- Prep Time: 3 hours 15 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dessert
- 4 large ripe avocados, room temperature
- 1 cup Grade B Maple syrup
- 1 cup cocoa powder (you can use raw cacao powder but use 1/2 the amount)
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Stop blender and scrape down the sides to make sure mixture is well incorporated.
- Pour into Vegan Pie Crust and smooth out surface. Cover with ziplock and freeze for 3 hours or overnight. Defrost at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Run a sharp hot knife or flat metal spatula along outer edges before removing pie from springform. Top with fresh berries before serving. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes - 18 October, 2017
- Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles with Easy Blueberry Compote - 10 October, 2017
- How to Make Coconut Kefir - 3 October, 2017