Best Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes-these cupcakes are easy to make, absolutely delicious and full of chocolatey goodness! They are light and moist and perfect for birthday parties! These gluten free cupcakes are dairy free and nut free-great for a kids party!
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mills Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup cane sugar (or preferred sweetener like coconut sugar/Lakanto)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two 12 cup muffin pans with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten free flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, cane sugar, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in apple sauce, olive oil and eggs. Stir.
- Slowly add in hot water in a small stream while mixing.
- Add vanilla and mix until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway with batter. I use standard baking cups like these.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cupcakes with your favorite frosting. I use Easy Raspberry Vegan Frosting, Vegan Chocolate Buttercream Frosting or Best Vegan Buttercream. I used a Wilton 1M open star piping tip for these pictured cupcakes. Top with sprinkles, if desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Make ahead tip: Prepare cupcakes 1 day in advance. Keep cupcakes in a sealed container in the fridge and bring to room temperature 2 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins