I wanted to make a delicious, filling, healthy treat for my kids after school. A coconut cream parfait is the perfect treat. It is layered with fresh berries, whipped coconut cream, a secret chocolate sauce and gluten free granola.
First, I layered the fruit cups with sliced strawberries.
Then, I added the blackberries. You can add blueberries instead.
Then, I added some gluten free granola. I used Purely Elizabeth. It is gluten free, vegan and free of refined sugars.
Then, topped with coconut whipped cream. I did not add sweetener so it looks a bit thicker in the picture below, but adding sweetener makes it light and pillowy.
Then, add a sprinkle of granola, and more berries. Putting the strawberries around the sides makes a lovely presentation.
For the final touch, place a whole strawberry on top! Now that is basically it! A delicious vegan, gluten free coconut cream parfait. This is perfect for Easter or any special event!
If you are grain free, you can use a grain free granola. My family loved these healthy after school snacks and I know you will too!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free desserts:Print
A coconut cream parfait is the perfect treat. It is layered with fresh berries, whipped coconut cream, a secret chocolate sauce and gluten free granola.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries or blueberries
- 2 cups gluten free or grain free granola (I used Purely Elizabeth)
- 2 cups coconut whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce ( I used The Essential Woman)
- 4 whole strawberries for decoration
- Place half of the strawberries, blackberries or blueberries on the bottom of 4 parfait glasses.
- Add 1/2 of the granola among the glasses.
- To each glass add 1/2 cup of coconut whipped cream and top with remaining granola.
- Top with remaining fruit.
- Top each parfait with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- Add a strawberry to each bowl for garnish.
- Category: Dessert