Easy Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats-a fast and delicious nourishing breakfast that takes only 2 minutes of prep time! This fool proof recipe will guarantee a creamy and delicious oatmeal that the whole family will love! Gluten free, vegan and whole grain!
- 1 cup gluten free steel cut oats, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- Rinse oats in a mesh colander and add to Instant Pot.
- Add water and close lid. Set valve to sealing.
- Set Instant Pot to 13 minutes at high pressure.
- When Instant Pot beeps, allow to naturally release for 5 minutes. Release pressure valve to “venting” mode.
- Open lid away from you so that the steam does not burn your face. Stir oatmeal with a ladle and serve with almond milk, chopped apples, cinnamon and preferred sweetener.
- Turn off Instant Pot so the oats do not dry out and store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Store leftover oatmeal in a sealed container in the fridge up to 4 days.
- If you want chewier oats, you can set timer for 11 minutes. We like softer oats so we use 13 minutes.
- Be sure to unplug or turn off the Instant Pot after it is done cooking. If you leave the oats in the Instant Pot for longer than 20 minutes on the warm setting, the oats will begin to dry out.
- Use gluten free steel cut oats if you have a gluten sensitivity or intolerance