I am constantly making frostings and cupcakes to take along at birthday parties. My four year old son is gluten intolerant so I am constantly whipping up healthy, homemade and yummy frostings and cupcakes. The truth is, some come out great and some are just plain awful!!!
I am happy to say that this one is DIVINE! It is light and fluffy, it frosts really well and is the prettiest princess pink you have ever seen! It has a light taste of raspberries and is sweetened just the right amount. I took these to a party on the Fourth of July and several family members had the chance to taste this frosting and gave it a thumbs up! Pair this raspberry vegan frosting with your favorite gluten free cupcake!
Some key ingredients you will need in this frosting are Spectrum Organic Vegetable Shortening, honey, stevia and almond extract. Mix this with a hand mixer or Kitchen-Aid stand mixer. I love my Kitchen-Aid, ever since I got one, it has been a huge help in the kitchen! It really is an aid in the kitchen! I am using a piping bag and Wilton 1M tip to decorate these cupcakes with rosettes. If you would like to learn how to make these pretty rosettes on your cupcakes, I have a rosette tutorial HERE or watch the video below.
This is now my favorite way to make a natural pink food dye! For sure I will be using this raspberry vegan frosting to decorate my daughter’s princess birthday cake! Happy decorating!!!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
For more vegan frostings, check out:
Simple Raspberry Vegan Frosting
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 1/3 cups
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup organic non-hydrogenated all vegetable shortening (I use the brand by Spectrum)
- 3 Tablespoons of raw honey (White Gold Raw Honey works great in this recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 10 drops of Stevia Concentrate (I love Body Ecology)
- tiny dash of Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons of filtered water
- In a large mixing bowl, add vegetable shortening, honey, vanilla, stevia, salt and almond extract.
- In a small bowl, add fresh raspberries and water. Crush with the back of a spoon or mortar and pestle. Crush raspberries until you have a creamy puree.
- Strain raspberry puree through a fine mesh strainer directly into large mixing bowl where other ingredients are located. You will get a clear pink raspberry liquid.
- Throw away raspberry seeds in strainer.
- Beat all ingredients in large mixing bowl on high with a hand mixer for approximately 1-2 minutes. Taste for desired sweetness. Add more honey if desired. To frost cupcakes, use a Wilton 1M tip and a piping bag. Bon Appetit!
You must use a handheld mixer or an immersion blender to emulsify the raspberry juice and shortening in this recipe. This recipe will not work by hand with a whisk.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies - 17 April, 2018
- Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie - 10 April, 2018
- Morning Song Farm Family Vacation in Southern California - 3 April, 2018