I made these cute fruit cups for my daugther’s Valentines Day Party today and as soon as I walked in with the tray, there were “Oohs and Aahs”. It was so cute to see the kids excited about fruit when there were cookies sitting in front of them. Of course, a nice presentation as this, is a huge plus. No one wants to pass up heart shaped fruit on Valentines Day. This is really easy to make and you can serve it at a party or special occasion. I will be making this regularly from now with my 7 year old daughter because she says they are the best fruit cups ever! I will show you how easy these are to make.
First, set out your cups and divide your blueberries among the cups.
Next, add the grapes. Be sure to reserve 21 grapes for later.
Using a small melon baller, place baller on watermelon with small hole facing you and press down firmly.
Turn melon baller toward you, make a complete circle and scoop out. Most of the watermelon balls will be a nice circle. The last ones toward the end will not be as perfect, just put those toward the bottom of the cup.
Layer your watermelon balls among the cups. Now using a small heart cookie cutter, press onto honey dew melon slices. Make 21 heart cutouts. Place a toothpick through a grape and then the heart and stick into a watermelon ball.
Make sure the watermelon ball is snug into the center of the cup. You can press it down so it doesn’t topple over.
Store these is the fridge or serve immediately. I recommend you make these the day you are serving them. It took me about an hour to make these. I took my time. I do think next time, I could whip these up in 45 minutes. These are lovely and are perfect for Valentines Day, a baby shower, a kids birthday party or any special event. These will be my go to fruit cups from now on. I really love them and I know you will too!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these healthy gluten free recipes:
Fruit cups, these are lovely and are perfect for Valentines Day, a baby shower, a kids birthday party or any special event.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 21 cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 3 pints of blueberries
- 1 bag of green grapes
- 3 small watermelons
- 2 large slices of honeydew melon
- (21 plastic cups and 21 toothpicks)
- Set out 21 small plastic cups. (9 fluid ounce cups)
- Layer the bottom of the cups with blueberries.
- Divide the grapes among the cups and reserve 21 grapes for later.
- Make the watermelon balls with a small melon baller. See visual tutorial on post above. Divide among the cups.
- Cut out 21 hearts from the honeydew melon.
- Stick a toothpick into the grape and place melon heart on top of toothpick. Stick the toothpick into a watermelon. Make sure the watermelon is nestled in the center so it is balanced. Repeat with remaining hearts and grapes.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars - 2 October, 2019
- How to Create a Capsule Wardrobe on a Budget with Thred Up - 24 September, 2019
- Gluten Free Vegan Bread Recipe - 17 September, 2019