Gluten Free Banana Spice Cake w/Vegan Cream Cheese
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 2 mashed bananas
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup light oil such as avocado or grapeseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut pieces plus more for sprinkling onto cake
- Vegan Cream Cheese for frosting (Recipe Follows)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together until all lumps are removed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, egg yolks, olive oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add walnuts to batter and stir.
- In a dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/2 of egg whites into batter gently with a rubber scraper. Fold remaining egg whites into batter.
- Add batter into a greased and lightly floured 9” spring form pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after inserted into the center of the cake.
- Allow cake to cool and pour Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting before serving. Top with chopped walnuts. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional data below includes 2 Tablespoons vegan cream cheese per serving.