Delicious Blueberry Compote for Crispy Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir lemon juice and arrowroot together.
- Add blueberries and maple syrup to a small pot. Pour lemon and arrowroot mixture over blueberry mixture and stir. Simmer on medium heat for about 7 minutes or until compote is thick. Gently mash blueberries with the back of a fork but leave a few blueberries whole.
- Once mixture thickens, add vanilla extract and serve hot over Crispy Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles.