Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe-a delicious concoction of fall flavors swirled in a rich creamy filling surrounded by the ultimate gluten free flakey crust! A slice of this pie is a fireworks show in your mouth! Trust me, you won’t even know its gluten and dairy free!
- 1 batch Ultimate Gluten-Free Flakey Pie Crust Recipe plus tapioca flour for rolling
- 1 (15 ounce) can Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot Flour or Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 of freshly ground nutmeg seed (optional)
- 1 egg white for brushing crust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on surface and dust generously with tapioca flour. Roll out pie crust. Place pie pan upside down over crust, slide a flat cookie sheet or thin cutting board under parchment and flip over quickly. Remove parchment from pie crust and form over pie pan. You can cut edges off and roll out remaining crust again and cut out shapes to put on edges of crust or over pie. Brush edges of pie with egg white.
- To make your filling, add all ingredients to mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour into pie crust (if adding more pastry shapes, brush with egg white) and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool pie for about 30 minutes and then refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.