Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Due to my family’s gluten intolerance, we will be bringing our own gluten free gravy to Thanksgiving dinner. I wanted to make a really simple gravy with the turkey stock I had in the freezer.
This recipe is very easy to make. It can be made in 10 minutes or less and is full of flavor
This gluten free gravy can be poured over roasted turkey, chicken, stuffing and mashed potatoes.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Bon Appetit!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Gluten Free Gravy
- 4 Tablespoons organic butter or ghee (or dairy free butter Earth Balance)
- 1 teaspoon bacon fat (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot
- 2 cups turkey stock or turkey drippings(strained through a fine mesh sieve)
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt to taste (about 1/2-3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt)
- Heat butter and bacon fat over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk butter mixture until it is frothy. Add arrowroot and whisk until mixture has turned golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add turkey stock or drippings, sage and onion powder.
- Raise flame to medium high heat and continue to whisk until mixture has thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Remove from heat and serve.
- How to Create a Zero Waste Kitchen - 20 August, 2021
- 10 Naturally Immune Boosting Foods and Why You Should Eat Them - 13 January, 2021
- Berry Tropical Green Smoothie - 31 May, 2020