What is that wonderful smell? Said my daughter when she got home from school? I was making Gluten Free Lemon Cookies to give out to my son’s Kindergarten teacher’s and best friend as a Christmas Holiday gift. She came in and stared at the cookies with her eyes big and wide! I said, “Which one would you like?”…Knowing my daughter, I knew she would pick the biggest one. Yup, she did!
I am my happiest baking in the kitchen, I sing, I bake, I decorate, I make a HUGE mess.
These Lemon Cookies are in my e-cookbook Essentially Gluten Free: 30 Grain Free Recipes Your Kids Will Love. I came up with the recipe when I was doing the GAPS and could not find any yummy kid friendly recipes. This whole cookbook is pretty GAPS friendly and has lots of recipes that are pure and wholesome. They are also grain free. I am no longer on GAPS but this remains one of my favorite recipes.
Also, when I go to a local essential oil event, I love to bring these because it just shows you how amazing food tastes when you use Pure Essential Oils. They really are the best oils out there!! Also, this is my fastest dessert recipe to whip up! Be sure to roll the dough into little balls and gently press so they are nice and puffy like the ones in the picture. You can also scoop them, but they will be flatter.
One thing you must know about essential oils is that not all essential oils are created equal. In fact, most of them have fillers and are not pure. When buying essential oils make sure they are certified pure therapeutic grade. If you want to order the brand I trust and personally use, email me at email@example.com and I would be happy to help you.
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
Gluten Free Lemon Cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup shredded and dehydrated unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or organic palm oil, melted (plus 1 teaspoon more for greasing baking pan)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon flavor or 10 drops lemon essential oil*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly grease with oil.
- Whisk together almond flour, dried coconut, and baking soda until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, stir together melted oil, honey, vanilla extract and lemon flavor or lemon essential oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir well with a bread whisk or by hand. Dough will be more on the dry side.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough into your hand, roll into a ball, place on baking sheet and gently press down to form a small disk. Repeat with the rest of the dough, placing cookies 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool completely before removing from baking sheet. Cookies will harden once they are cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Bon Appetit!
- Category: Dessert