Gluten Free Mini Corn Dogs. These crispy honey flavored corn dogs are absolutely delicious! They are far better than the real thing! They are made with organic corn flour, gluten free all purpose flour and organic hot dogs, much healthier than any other corn dog your kiddos have ever eaten. They are free from refined sugars and can be made nut free. An easy recipe made in 25 minutes or less!
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons honey or 4 Tablespoons coconut sugar (you can use 1/2 if you prefer less sweetener)
- 3/4 cup almond milk or dairy free alternative
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 12 organic or grass-fed Nitrate Free hot dogs
- 24 popsicle sticks
- 2 cups avocado oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: cornmeal, gluten free flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add wet ingredients and stir: honey, almond milk, eggs and avocado oil. Pour batter into a large glass or mason jar. You will have approximately 2 1/4 cups of batter.
- Heat oil to medium heat in a 10” skillet or smaller. I like to use this cast iron pan.
- Cut hot dogs in half and put a popsicle stick through.
- Once oil is hot, dip hot dog on stick into batter and gently dip into oil. I use tongs for this.
- Add 3-4 dipped hot dogs to the pan, do not over crowd.
- Once corn dogs are golden brown, flip to heat on the other side. About 2 minutes per side.
- Drain corn dog on paper bags and repeat with remaining batter. Serve hot with ketchup and mustard.
- Prep Time: 9 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins