Easy Gluten Free Mini Corn Dogs. These taste better than the real thing! Crispy and crunchy exterior, soft interior and delicious honey flavor!
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons honey or 4 Tablespoons coconut sugar (you can use 1/2 if you prefer less sweetener)
- 3/4 cup almond milk or dairy free alternative
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 12 organic or grass-fed Nitrate Free hot dogs
- 24 popsicle sticks
- 2 cups avocado oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: cornmeal, gluten free flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add wet ingredients and stir: honey, almond milk, eggs and avocado oil. Pour batter into a large glass or mason jar. You will have approximately 2 1/4 cups of batter.
- Heat oil to medium heat in a 10” skillet or smaller. I like to use this cast iron pan.
- Cut hot dogs in half and put a popsicle stick through.
- Once oil is hot, dip hot dog on stick into batter and gently dip into oil. I use tongs for this.
- Add 3-4 dipped hot dogs to the pan, do not over crowd.
- Once corn dogs are golden brown, flip to heat on the other side. About 2 minutes per side.
- Drain corn dog on paper bags and repeat with remaining batter.