This gluten free bread is moist, full of flavor and goes perfect with soup. You can slice it for a sandwich and even toast it.
- 2 1/2 cups warm water (105–115 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 packet Active Dry Yeast
- 2 1/4 Tablespoons honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1/3 cup ground chia seeds
- 1/3 cup psyllium husks powder
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- To a mixing bowl, add warm water, yeast and honey. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes until frothy.
- In the meanwhile, whisk together sorghum flour, white rice flour, cornmeal, baking powder and sea salt.
- Once yeast mixture is frothy, add avocado oil, chia seeds and psyllium husks powder. Mix well in a mixer and allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Form a ball and cover with a towel. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Place a dish filled halfway with water on the bottom rack of the oven. Place a pizza stone on the center rack and heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place bread dough on a parchment paper and sprinkle dough with quick oats.
- Once oven is preheated, carefully slide dough onto pizza stone, bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove bread and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days or at room temperature for 3 days.
Recipe was modified from Nourishing Meals Farmhouse Seed Bread. For original recipe, go to: http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2011/04/gluten-free-bread-xanthan-free-vegan.html