These healthy Gluten Free Wild Blueberry Lemon Waffles are bursting with blueberries and citrus flavor in every bite. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside..the perfect waffle texture! Plus, these are gluten free, dairy free, refined-sugar free, soy free and vegetarian.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (other mild oil)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or dairy free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- Pre-heat ceramic waffle iron.
- Whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, oil, dairy free milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and lemon zest. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold in wild blueberries, do not over mix.
- Fill your waffle iron with batter according to its directions. I spray mine with avocado oil, pour batter and I set mine for 2 minutes per side. Remove with a fork and repeat with remaining batter.
- Once waffles are ready, serve with maple syrup and coconut whipped cream.