Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free oats, finely ground (use coffee grinder or food processor)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, finely ground (use coffee grinder of food processor)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seed, finely ground (use coffee grinder)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 5 tablespoons coconut milk (I use So Delicious Lite Culinary Milk)
- ¼ cup coconut nectar (I use Coconut Secret)
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon stevia powder
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats, ground (use a coffee grinder or food processor)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 12- cup cupcake tin with liners.
- To Make The Crust :Whisk together the oats, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle.
- Add the coconut oil and coconut nectar and stir to combine. You always want to measure the coconut nectar in the same measuring cup as the oil so it slips out easily.
- Take about 2 Tablespoons of ‘dough’ and add it to the cupcake well. Press down firmly on the bottom and a little bit up the sides of the well until the crust is evenly distributed. Repeat until you have used up all the dough.
- Place the cupcake tin in the oven for about 9 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Remove the cupcake tin from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- To make filling: Mix together the pumpkin puree, coconut cream and coconut nectar in a large bowl.
- Add the tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and stevia and stir to combine.
- Spoon about 2 Tablespoons of batter into the prepared cupcake wells, smoothing it out evenly on top.
- For the streusel: Mix together the ½ cup of ground oats and the cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Top each pie-let with a little of the streusel so that it covers each lightly.
- Bake the pie-lets for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pie-lets are golden orange and bounce back slightly to the touch.
- Transfer the cupcake tin to a wire rack and let sit for about 40 minutes before placing in the refrigerator for 3 hours to set completely.
- Remove cupcake liners before serving and place a dollop of coconut whipped cream on top of pie-let before serving.
Nutritional data below includes 2 tablespoons of whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert