Have you been dying to make Instant Pot Chili Beans? This delicious Instant Pot Beef Chili Recipe is fast and easy to make! Get tips, cooking times & more!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (mild cooking oil)
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (preferably grass fed or organic)
- One 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joes Taco Seasoning Mix or favorite chili powder (add more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten Free Tamari
- One 15 ounce can kidney beans
- One 15 ounce can great northern beans
- 1/4 cup Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth or Homemade Chicken Broth
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons corn flour or masa harina
- organic sour cream or
- Homemade Dairy Free Sour Cream
- chopped cilantro
- sliced serrano chilis
- Trader Joes Organic Corn Dippers
- minced red onions
- lime wedges
- Organic Valley Mexican Blend Finely Shredded Cheese
- First open all your cans so they are ready to go, get all your ingredients next to the Instant Pot. Next, chop your onion and garlic.
- Add oil to Instant Pot, press sauté mode and add onion and garlic. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook through, breaking up any big chunks into bite sized pieces.
- Add tomato sauce, taco seasoning, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, molasses, gluten free Tamari, kidney beans, great northern beans and salt. Stir well.
- Place lid and turn to seal. Place pressure release handle to SEALING POSITION.
- Press MANUAL button to high pressure. Press the + button to 15 minutes.
- While the chili beans are cooking, prep your toppings. Slice lemon wedges, Serrano chilis, mince you onion and chop the cilantro. I place these in small bowls with spoons so everyone can serve themselves. Place your corn chips in a big bowl.
- Once the Chili Beans are done cooking, allow them to naturally release for 10 minutes. With an oven mitt, release the pressure handle to the VENTING POSITION. Make sure the steam is not facing your cabinet because it may release a lot of moisture and get your cabinets wet.
- When opening the lid, be sure to open it AWAY FROM YOU. A lot of steam will come out and you want it to avoid your face.
- Now place the chili back to sauté mode. To thicken chili, add corn flour and chicken broth to a small bowl, stir and add to chili beans. Stir until it thickens, about 3 minutes. Turn off sauté mode and place chili on KEEP WARM setting.
- When plating, serve with a large plate on the bottom and a small bowl on top. That way everyone can put their corn chips around the bowl.
(See blog post for tips and topping ideas)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins