Instant Pot Paleo Cinnamon Walnut Sweet Potato Bread-a moist flavorful bread easily made in the pressure cooker. The perfect accompaniment for breakfast! Paleo friendly, grain free, gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (if you prefer a sweeter loaf use 1/3)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet potato/yam puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or dairy free alternative
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or other light flavored oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- (2 cups water for steaming)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in eggs, sweet potato or yam puree, dairy free milk, oil and apple cider vinegar until batter is smooth. Fold in walnuts.
- Line a small loaf pan (3 1/2 X 7 1/2 ) with parchment paper and pour batter in. Smooth top. Cover with foil.
- Add 2 cups of water to your Instant Pot and place a trivet with handles (mine came with one). Add your loaf pan and set to high pressure for 30 minutes and allow to naturally release (about 25 minutes).
- Remove loaf pan carefully with a towel, remove foil and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- This Sweet Potato Bread is slightly sweet, if you want a sweeter loaf, you can use 1/3 cup of coconut sugar instead of 1/4 cup.
- If your trivet does not have handles, you can make some by folding foil and threading through the sides.
- I am using an 8 quart Instant Pot for this recipe
- Leftover bread should be stored in a sealed container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator