Hello Dear Blogger friends! It has been a while since I have posted Traffic & Income Reports…I wanted to post when I had some great news to share! I have had a breakthrough in the past few months that I would like to share with you.
I know how much these traffic and income reports help you because when I read others, I get so excited and they keep me motivated to see the possibilities. For those of you who don’t know me, I have been blogging for over 7 years and it was only December 2015 that I decided to take blogging seriously.
When you take a look at my blog, you will see how much it has changed over the years! From photography, to traffic to writing.
In this traffic and income report, I share tips about my growth on blogging and I hope you get out some useful tips to grow your blog, passion and business.
I have learned that my blog has a cycle. As a healthy and wellness blogger, my traffic spikes up when people start to eat healthier. That means that my best months for traffic are January through March and June through August. This is when people like to cleanse, eat healthy and detox.
I had 129,317 monthly page views and 97,244 user sessions. That is great!
My traffic has significantly increased this month of January. Compared to my last traffic & income report on May 2017, my Pinterest traffic went up over 40% and my Google traffic increased over 30%. it feels really good to know that all my hard work has been paying off.
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
I focused on creating content that is related to a new ebook I am working on.
I am creating an Ultimate Gluten Free Instant Pot ebook and I wanted to share relevant content to my upcoming ebook. This not only interests my readers who voted for my ebook but invites new people interested in this niche.
I also updated my kitchen so I wanted to share that with my readers. I am going to be doing more video content and this update gave me the inspirational space to do so!
You can follow updates to what is going on regularly in my Instagram account.
I had a breakthrough income these last few months and was finally able to break past $1,000 monthly income! I made over $1,400 this month.
Amazon Affiliate Program-$133.50
Paleo Baking Fall E-Book-$58.85
Paleo Meal Plans-$15
Total Income: $1,410.41
Food Blogger Pro: $29
Drip : $99
Marketing Business Consultant (helped create & install sitewide nutrition labels)-$300
Total expenses: $673.94
- I learned to that my traffic boosts naturally this month so I was able to focus more on content creation for my ebook. I took some time off writing on my blog so I could focus on new recipes.
- I switched over to Adthrive for my Ads and I am really happy that I did so. My RPM is better than my prior company. My RPM for January was $8.97 for page views.
- I began to work with more affiliates that I know would interest my readers and share them with my email list subscribers. Not only have these products benefited my readers, but my income has gone up!
- I had my first affiliate launch with Ultimate Bundles in September 2017 and was able to generate over $300. I spent several hours each day creating emails that week and it was well worth it! The product was exactly what my readers wanted and it benefited them greatly! I learned how to launch a product which was a great experience! Their upcoming bundle is the photography bundle, if you want to sign up as an affiliate for their upcoming bundles, you can do so HERE.
- I hired a marketing business consultant to add the Nutritional Labels to all my recipes. This is something that is really important to my readers so I felt it was really worth the investment. I used Nutrifox which I love because it gives my readers very accurate nutritional information.
- It took me 20 months to make over $1,000 a month on my blog. Although I have been blogging for over 7 years, it was not till December 2015 that I decided to make an income with my blog. On August 2017, I made over $1,000 and my income has been consistently growing since then. Yes, I have made over $6,000 in the last 6 months and it has been a huge blessing! I absolutely LOVE ❤️ what I am doing! Blogging takes time to grow, there may be several months that you won’t see a penny, but if you are consistent and keep growing in knowledge, it really does pay off.
- I have been re-investing a lot of my income into educating myself and growing my blog. In the past 6 months, I spent 2 months in a blogger Mastermind, took a Photography Editing course and hired a blog coach. All of this has helped me in one way or the other. I have gained more confidence in my photography and realized the importance of creating my own products, which is what I am working on now.
- I had only 144 new subscribers in January. I turned off my pop-up because I felt it was annoying a few subscribers. My subscriber rate cut in half so I will be turning it back on and trying to figure out how to prevent it from popping up for current subscribers. This was a good lesson learned.
- I also made the difficult decision to “clean out” my subscriber list. I removed about 1,400 subscribers that were inactive for the past 6 months. I sent them a “special email” asking them if they wanted to stay connected, those that did not were deleted. By the end of January I have 4,269 subscribers. Now my open rate is between 30- 40% which I am really happy with. Some bloggers never delete subscribers but I felt it was necessary.
I could go on and on about what I have been doing but I would like to save some wisdom for later! If you got some golden nuggets from this, feel free to share this traffic and income report and be sure to subscribe below and I will keep you posted for the next traffic & income report with useful tips on growing your blog!
I will post a new Traffic & Income Report when I have a new breakthrough to share with you!
My best email is email@example.com