Kale and Golden Beet Salad w/Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette. Beets are made in the Instant Pot. This salad comes together in just 10 minutes.
- 4 leaves Lacinato AKA Dinosaur Kale
- 12 slices Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets
- 2 Tablespoons raw walnuts
- 4 teaspoons dried cranberries
- sprinkle of Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- For Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 Tablespoons Fig Balsamic or more if desired (more makes it sweeter but mine is aged 12 yrs so it’s concentrated & rich, a little goes a long way)
- 3 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse kale and dry. Strip the leaves off of the stems, see photo above.
- Stack the kale leaves together and roll tightly. With a sharp knife, thinly slice the kale.
- To make the dressing: to a small jar, add oil, fig balsamic, mustard and garlic. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Remove lid and taste . Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- To serve each salad, top each plate with 1/2 of the kale, 6 slices golden beets, 1 Tablespoon walnuts, 2 teaspoons dried cranberries, drizzle of Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette and a sprinkle of Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend. Serve immediately.
- Store remaining Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette in sealed jar for up to 2 weeks.
- Nutritional data below includes 2 Tablespoons dressing per serving.
- Serving Size: 2