Hello Dear Blogger friends! It has been a while since I have posted Traffic & Income Reports…I have been really busy with content creation and in the middle of Elite Blog Academy, not to mention other courses and you will see below!
I know how much these traffic and income reports help you because when I read others, I get so excited and they keep me motivated to see the possibilities. For those of you who don’t know me, I have been blogging for over 7 years and it was only December 2015 that I decided to take blogging seriously.
When you take a look at my blog, you will see how much it has changed over the years! From photography, to traffic to writing.
Below I share tips on what I have been doing over the last month and I hope you get out some useful tips to grow your blog, passion and business.
Traffic has taken a small dive, but in my opinion, I have not been posting as much content, as mentioned before, I am in the middle of some courses-EBA, Moolah, Jenny Melrose.. and honestly that is taking half, if not more than my time. My content is more quality, and I am not worried, traffic will rise as I get more efficient with my time. I have more users and less page views. I am getting new readership and that is a great thing. Right now, focusing on getting more strategic is key! Such as better quality content, better images and getting to know what my readers really want from me.
Below you can see the sources of my blog traffic. What I have been working on has paid off, if you compare my September 2016 traffic sources, to this months, you will see that my direct and organic traffic has doubled and my Facebook traffic has increased. I am really happy with this because this is exactly what I have been working on this year. Yay!
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
I focused on creating content that my readers really want and need. Since my Grain-Free Everything Dough recipes are the most popular on my site, I wanted to share another recipe with this dough. I actually got the idea for Panini bread from my readers. This recipe did much better on Facebook than on Pinterest, probably because of the video I created. Next month I will work on offering better video content. Video takes a lot of time, but it is worth it. As of now, I am spending 8+ hours getting my video done from beginning to end. It is a lot of time, but I will get the hang of it! I have been creating a studio in my garage and it will help move things along. It is my creative space and you can follow my Instagram and Facebook account to follow my journey.
This month, I had a guest post and it is always great to have other bloggers share an article on Nurturemygut, especially if it is right along the lines of what my readers want.
I also spent at least two weeks writing the Ultimate Guide to Gluten Free Living article. It is a cornerstone article that I have been wanting to write for years! I am really happy that is up and finally done! Anytime people want to learn about gluten free living and how to start, I will direct them to this article, it is pretty awesome! It’s a great resource for those wanting to go gluten free! It is really important to have a getting started article for whatever niche you are in, this is my getting started article.
I had good income this month and it all went out to building my set for my studio. I got a beautiful reclaimed wood table from Urban Home, a new trip-pod that is really solid and is great for video, a new backdrop system and some cotton canvas to create my own hand painted canvas. I also got some supplies for my video and cooking tutorials. I bought 3 cookbooks that have absolutely nothing to do with the type of recipes I make, they are solely because I LOVE the food styling and photography. They are my inspiration for creating my studio so in my opinion, a well worth investment.
Amazon Affiliate Program-$151.80
Paleo Baking Fall E-Book-$23.85
Total Income: $907.60
Food Blogger Pro: $29
MailChimp : $50
Jenny Melrose 10 Day Challenge Builder Course-$10
Food Styling/DIY Backdrop-$73
Urban Home Table:$325
Total expenses: $1,070.98
- I learned to be more strategic in the month of May. I focused on better writing, better content and listening to my readers. It paid off, I got more direct traffic, improved my SEO and grew a new audience through Facebook.
- More traffic does not necessarily mean more income, in July 2016 I had over 100,000 page views and my income was $379, this month, my page views are 92,000 and my income is $907.
- Keep moving forward and push through the pulling of distractions. It is SOOO easy to get distracted with taking care of my kids, cleaning, washing, life, stuff comes up, but I just have to keep blogging and growing. My goal right now is to get one blog post a week while I am in education mode.
- Learn as much as possible from the experts. My money that comes in is going back out into my education. I am in the middle of Elite Blog Academy, Moolah and finishing up Jenny Melrose’s Challenge Builder course on creating an opt-in and I will be starting a Mastermind group guided by Jenny for the month of June…I can’t wait!
- I also rebranded my blog for like the 5th time! I absolutely love the strawberries logo! Branding and creating logos is one of my favorite things to do!
- Finally, I got my studio set-up! After being frustrated of finding good lighting, I decided to create a space in my garage that is my own. It is set up for photography at any time of day and video. It is a work in progress! See below how my photography has improved over the last few years.
I could go on and on about what I have been doing but I would like to save some wisdom for later! If you got some golden nuggets from this, feel free to share and be sure to subscribe below and I will keep you posted for the next traffic & income report with useful tips on growing your blog! My best email is email@example.com