No-Bake Dark Chocolate Strawberry Energy Bites are a great high protein snack on the go! Made with protein powder and dark chocolate! Gluten free and Vegan.
- 9 ounce package Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chips (Dairy Free)
- 1 ounce freeze dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup favorite protein powder (I use strawberry or a light flavored green power)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fig balsamic
- Melt chocolate chips on low flame, stirring occasionally about 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Puree freeze dried strawberries in the food processor until they are fully powdered.
- Mix together melted chocolate, powdered freeze dried strawberries, protein powder, cashew butter, maple syrup and fig balsamic. Mix with a kitchen aid or hand mixer.
- Use a mini cookie scoop to scoop out energy bite dough and roll between hands to form balls. My dough is more on the dry side and I soften between my hands. (If your dough is too dry, add equal amounts of cashew butter and maple syrup to soften).
- Roll into 20 balls and put on a cookie sheet covered in wax or parchment paper in the fridge until energy bites are hard, approximately 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 43 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: snack