No-Churn Vegan Meyer Lemon Ice Cream-a creamy, delicious summer ice cream made with fresh lemon zest and Meyer lemon juice. This fruity light and refreshing ice cream tastes like lemon cookies only more heavenly. It takes only 10 minutes of preparation to create this fabulous ice cream treat with no churning required. This Meyer lemon ice cream is a must for entertaining and will cool off your guests on a hot summer day.
To kick off summer, I am bringing you this delightful fruity No-Churn Vegan Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Recipe.
Meyer Lemons bring me warm memories of my Grandmas farm. She has 2 bountiful Meyer lemon trees in her backyard and I have fond memories picking and eating Meyer lemons fresh off of the trees. I really miss that! Every time I would pick a lemon, the scent of lemon oil would fill the air! So refreshing!
When I found Meyer Lemons at my local farmers market this weekend, I knew exactly what I would make with them! These are just like my Grandmas lemons, so bright and yellow-orange!
The scent is that between a lemon and a mandarin. Yum!
What I love about this recipe is that it is super easy to make! I have created a No-Churn Vegan Base for my ice creams of full fat coconut milk, xanthan gum and honey/maple syrup similar to my No-Churn Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream recipe. I made 5 No-Churn Vegan Ice Creams this weekend and I am super excited to share them with you (Acai-Blueberry, Vanilla Bean, Peanut Butter Double Chocolate & Mint Chip) so stay posted because they are coming soon to the blog!
This recipe is my favorite due to the sweet, tart and floral combination. I told my daughter this is the type of ice cream to be served to guests or at a fancy restaurant, yup, it’s that good!
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
I highly suggest making this No-Churn Vegan Meyer Lemon Ice Cream at your next weekend BBQ! It tastes perfect served over gluten free cake style ice cream cones!
If you want to take this recipe to the next level, then serve it with my Gluten Free Lemon Cookies! I will definitely try that next time!
I ended up using a few drops of doTerra Lemon Essential oil to this recipe to boost the flavor profile. If you don’t have essential oil, you can use lemon flavor or use zest of 2 lemons.
Why Meyer Lemons work in this recipe?
Meyer lemons are less acidic than regular lemons and also a bit sweeter. It is like adding half a mandarin and half a lemon. It is such a refreshing flavor!
If you decide to use regular lemons for this recipe, you will need to make adjustments to the lemon juice and sweetener.
I know you will love this creamy sweet and tart No-Churn Vegan Meyer Lemon Ice Cream! It is so easy to make and absolutely heavenly! Be sure to tag me on social media with your images! Happy summer!
No-Churn Vegan Lemon Meyer Ice Cream
No-Churn Vegan Meyer Lemon Ice Cream-a creamy, delicious summer ice cream made with fresh lemon zest and juice. All natural gourmet vegan ice cream. No churn vegan ice cream. Kid approved!
- Prep Time: 7 mins plus freezing
- Total Time: 7 mins plus freezing
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (13.66 oz)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup honey
- zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 drops lemon essential oil OR 1/8 teaspoon lemon flavor
- Zest lemon and add to blender.
- Juice Meyer lemon to make 1/3 cup lemon juice, about 1 1/2 medium lemons. Add to blender.
- To blender add coconut milk, xanthan gum, honey and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add essential oil or lemon flavor and blend for 10 seconds. Pour into a glass container if using essential oil or loaf pan if using lemon flavor. Cover with aluminum and freeze until firm.
- Allow to thaw for 10 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Gluten Free Beer Battered Fish - 16 September, 2018
- 10 Delicious Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes (Dairy Free) - 22 August, 2018
- Instant Pot Gluten Free BBQ Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes - 11 July, 2018