No-Churn Vegan Mint Chip Ice Cream-a creamy refreshing minty ice cream that is perfect for a hot summer day! Made with real mint leaves and peppermint essential oil for a wholesome take on the traditional mint chip recipe. You would never know it is completely dairy and gluten free!
I have got to say that Mint Chip is my daughter’s favorite ice cream!
She say’s that when she takes a spoonful of No-Churn Vegan Mint Chip Ice Cream, she remembers candy canes and Christmas time and it makes her really happy!
Christmas is her favorite time of the year and this ice cream brings her back happy memories! How fun!
This No-Churn Vegan Mint Chip Ice Cream Recipe is made with fresh mint leaves that give you a subtle yet delightful refreshing minty flavor.
I super boosted the minty-ness with 100% pure peppermint essential oil, you can use peppermint extract if you don’t have pure peppermint oil.
The combination of the creamy ice cream, the chocolate chips and the minty flavor is over the top!
I have never really understood how delicious mint chip ice cream is until now!
I have always believed in using fresh ingredients to bring out the flavor in foods, which is what you get with this recipe.
Using fresh mint leaves really brings out the “Wow!” factor in this this No-Churn Vegan Mint Chip Ice cream, it is A-MAZING!
Most homemade mint chip ice creams call for steeping the leaves in milk for 2 hours but it is not really necessary when you boost it with peppermint oil.
Also, to get the lovely green hue, I used baby spinach leaves. You do NOT taste the spinach whatsoever!
This homemade ice cream tastes like “REAL” Mint Chip only better! Plus, it is SO EASY to make!
My daughter has made this recipe twice already, and on her own! It took her about 7 minutes to make from beginning to end! So easy, yet so refreshing and delicious!
What is wonderful about No-Churn recipes is that they are no fuss recipes. You make a base in the blender and pour into a loaf pan or container and freeze.
These recipes will make you wonder if you should ever go back to the ice cream maker!
I know you will love my super easy No-Churn Vegan Ice Cream recipes as much as we do which is why I have several for you to try, check out my No-Churn Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream, No-Churn Vegan Meyer Lemon Ice Cream, No-Churn Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream and No Churn Blueberry Acai Ice Cream.
No-Churn Vegan Mint Chip Ice Cream
No-Churn Vegan Mint Chip Ice Cream-a creamy refreshing minty ice cream that is perfect for those hot summer days! Made with real mint leaves and peppermint essential oil for a wholesome take on the original recipe! Completely dairy free and gluten free.
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or coconut cream (13.66 ounce)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- small handful of baby spinach leaves
- 20 small mint leaves (1 1/2”tall)
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- To a blender add coconut milk/cream, maple syrup, xanthan gum, baby spinach leaves and mint leaves. Blend until smooth and creamy and all flecks of spinach have disappeared.
- Add a drop of peppermint oil or extract and taste. If you would like to add more, you can do so and blend.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and stir in chocolate chips. Cover with foil and freeze 4-5 hours for soft serve and 5-6 hours for a firm ice cream. Thaw for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Instant Pot Chili Beans Recipe - 12 July, 2019
- Healthy Noodle Sweet and Spicy Crunch Bowl - 2 July, 2019
- 15 Fun Travel Car Games for Kids ( Mom’s Top Picks From Amazon) - 25 June, 2019