No-Churn Vegan Mint Chip Ice Cream-a creamy refreshing minty ice cream that is perfect for those hot summer days! Made with real mint leaves and peppermint essential oil for a wholesome take on the original recipe! Completely dairy free and gluten free.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or coconut cream (13.66 ounce)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- small handful of baby spinach leaves
- 20 small mint leaves (1 1/2”tall)
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- To a blender add coconut milk/cream, maple syrup, xanthan gum, baby spinach leaves and mint leaves. Blend until smooth and creamy and all flecks of spinach have disappeared.
- Add a drop of peppermint oil or extract and taste. If you would like to add more, you can do so and blend.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and stir in chocolate chips. Cover with foil and freeze 4-5 hours for soft serve and 5-6 hours for a firm ice cream. Thaw for 5-10 minutes before serving.