Spring is near and that means it is time for an inner spring cleaning. Next week I start my detox and in order to prepare, I am starting my day with a nourishing yet cleansing oatmeal breakfast smoothie.
When adding fruit to a smoothie, it is BEST with leafy greens. It helps balance the sugars in the smoothie. Also, if you want a breakfast smoothie to hold you up until lunch, you add either nuts, seeds or in this case, oatmeal. I soaked my oatmeal overnight with a little water and 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. This helps to neutralize the phytic acid that can bind to very important minerals such as calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Soaking your oatmeal makes it easier to digest and assimilate.
I added Swiss Chard in this smoothie because it grows all year long in my garden. My daughter and I planted the seeds and my dear husband gives it tender loving care. Now we get to enjoy it’s harvest for breakfast, thanks Honey!
I hope you take the initiative and start your detox this Spring. A cleanse can be very scary if you have never done one before. I started my very first cleanse 19 years ago under the supervision of a Naturopath. If you want support with your very first cleanse, feel free to email or call me and I will personalize a program for you with healthy recipes.
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
Cleansing oatmeal breakfast smoothie.
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats soaked overnight
- 1 cup freshly cubed pineapple
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 3 ” piece of cucumber
- 3 leaves Swiss Chard
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- Stevia to taste (10-15 drops)
- Add all ingredients to blender and run on fastest speed until smooth. About 1 minute for a high speed blender and 2 minutes for a regular blender.
To soak oatmeal: Place oats in a small glass jar, cover with water and add 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Cover with lid and let sit on counter overnight. In the morning, add to blender for smoothie.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Delicious Homemade Vegan Tomato Lentil Soup Recipe - 8 May, 2019
- Easy Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats - 23 April, 2019
- 20 Tips for Getting a Good Nights Sleep Naturally - 13 April, 2019