Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos. Delicious soft tacos with a creamy spicy shrimp sauce. Topped with purple cabbage, cilantro and a drizzle of Sriracha for an extra kick! These flavorful tacos are perfect for taco night!
For these Paleo Bang Bang Tacos, I used my Paleo Tortillas 2.0 Recipe. These are soft and flexible tortillas that work out just right for this recipe.
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
I roll them out to 5 inches round and heat them on low-medium heat on a cast iron griddle. Just make sure that your cast iron is properly seasoned so that the tortillas do not stick.
I also use a tortilla warmer to allow the tortillas to steam and stay warm, I use this one, it keeps my tortillas warm for up to an hour! These grain free tortillas work out great for making these Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos!
In order to save time with this recipe, I skipped the double breading process that normally comes with making Bang Bang Shrimp and decided to make a single batter instead. The shrimp still gets crispy and tastes great! Plus, it saves time in the kitchen.
Also, for an extra crispy batter, you will want to use my Gluten Free Beer Batter . It will work wonders in this recipe and I will try that next time! I use it for making Gluten Free Beer Battered Fish…yum!
If you want to make this recipe kid friendly, I suggest reducing or omitting the Sriracha sauce for the Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp, it was a bit spicy for my kiddos! The sauce will have a yummy honey flavor and they will love that!
Be sure to serve these with red cabbage, cilantro and lime wedges.
Also, if you are like me and like things extra spicy, serve with a drizzle of Sriracha sauce!
I know you will love these delicious Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp tacos as much as we do! They are full of flavor, crispiness and definitely a Bang for dinner!!
For more delicious gluten free/paleo friendly recipes, be sure to subscribe below! You will receive my Delicious Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you!Print
Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos. Delicious soft tacos with a creamy spicy shrimp sauce. Topped with purple cabbage, cilantro and a drizzle of Sriracha for an extra kick! Perfect for taco night!
1 Batch of Paleo Tortillas 2.0 rolled out to 5 inches round
1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 egg white
2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
oil for frying (I use avocado oil)
Bang Bang Sauce:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Shredded Purple Cabbage
1 Tablespoon honey
- Make a batch Paleo Tortillas 2.0 and roll out to 5 inches round. Keep tortillas in tortilla warmer so they steam and stay warm.
- Heat 1 ” of oil in a large skillet to medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your egg white and whisk until frothy. Add tapioca flour, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt. Whisk. Next, add shrimp and coat in batter.
- Pick up shrimp with tongs and drop gently into hot oil, do not crowd shrimp. Cook on eat side until crispy and flip onto other side.
- While shrimp are frying, to a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Sriracha, honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Once shrimp is done cooking, place on a wire rack to drain excess oil. When all shrimp are cooked, place in Bang Bang Sauce and toss to coat
- To build and serve tacos: top a paleo tortilla with shredded cabbage, three Bang Bang shrimp, cilantro and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce. Serve with a lime wedge.
- How to Create a Zero Waste Kitchen - 20 August, 2021
- 10 Naturally Immune Boosting Foods and Why You Should Eat Them - 13 January, 2021
- Berry Tropical Green Smoothie - 31 May, 2020