Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos. Delicious soft tacos with a creamy spicy shrimp sauce. Topped with purple cabbage, cilantro and a drizzle of Sriracha for an extra kick! Perfect for taco night!
1 Batch of Paleo Tortillas 2.0 rolled out to 5 inches round
1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 egg white
2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
oil for frying (I use avocado oil)
Bang Bang Sauce:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Shredded Purple Cabbage
1 Tablespoon honey
- Make a batch Paleo Tortillas 2.0 and roll out to 5 inches round. Keep tortillas in tortilla warmer so they steam and stay warm.
- Heat 1 ” of oil in a large skillet to medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your egg white and whisk until frothy. Add tapioca flour, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt. Whisk. Next, add shrimp and coat in batter.
- Pick up shrimp with tongs and drop gently into hot oil, do not crowd shrimp. Cook on eat side until crispy and flip onto other side.
- While shrimp are frying, to a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Sriracha, honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Once shrimp is done cooking, place on a wire rack to drain excess oil. When all shrimp are cooked, place in Bang Bang Sauce and toss to coat
- To build and serve tacos: top a paleo tortilla with shredded cabbage, three Bang Bang shrimp, cilantro and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce. Serve with a lime wedge.