If you are on a Paleo diet and missing burritos, I hear you! I have been craving Potato and Chorizo Breakfast Burritos for months! I made these for breakfast for the last few days and I am in burrito heaven! These Paleo Breakfast Burritos are delish!
My Grandma used to make these for me for breakfast and I really miss them. I made them for my daughter and she really loved it! Of course, the chorizo does have a spicy kick to it so you can always replace that with breakfast sausage. If you would like to make your own, I have a yummy Homemade Sweet Italian Sausage Recipe.
I wanted to find out if these Paleo Breakfast Burritos would freeze. I wrapped them up in plastic wrap and stuck them in a freezer bag.
The next day, I removed the wrapper and baked them in a 350 degree toaster oven for 25 minutes. You know what? They were great! The edges were a bit crispy so tomorrow I will loosely wrap the burrito in aluminum to make it even better!
I will make a big batch and freeze next time! Just be sure to use only potato and chorizo when freezing. I don’t think the avocado will do well. Let me know in the comments below if you want more freezer friendly meals.
The Paleo Tortilla’s 2.0 Recipe held up really well. I made larger and thicker tortillas for these Paleo Breakfast Burritos so be sure to follow my instructions below. I also used a large cookie spatula to pick up and place these tortillas on the skillet. I accidentally ordered this cookie spatula by mistake and I have found so many uses for it like flipping tortillas and Paleo Pancakes! LOL!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
For more delicious gluten free/Paleo-ish recipes, check out:
Paleo Breakfast Burrito with Potato and Chorizo
- 1 batch of Paleo Tortillas 2.0 Recipe (divide dough into 6 balls & make into 9 inch round tortillas)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 small russet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon sat
- 3/4 pound pork chorizo
- 12 slices of avocado
- Heat your skillet to medium low heat. Divide Paleo Tortilla dough into 6 balls and store in a ziplock bag. Take a ball of dough and roll it into a disk. Dust your surface with either tapioca or cassava flour and roll dough out to 8-9 inches thick. Be sure to continue dusting with flour throughout if needed to prevent dough from sticking.
- Carefully place your tortilla on the hot skillet and flip once bubbles have formed, about 15-30 seconds. Flip again and once brown spots have coated both sides, place tortilla in a tortilla warmer or aluminum foil to steam. Repeat with remaining tortillas. (Can be made ahead and stored at room temperature)
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add oil, onions and potatoes. Coat in oil and sprinkle salt over potatoes. Cover and allow to steam for 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir, cover for another 3 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- In another skillet, heat chorizo until cooked through using medium heat, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- To prepare burritos, lay a tortilla out flat, add 2 spoons of potatoes, 2 small spoons of chorizo and 2 slices of avocado (see photo above). Do not overfill, you want to just fill the center line of the tortilla. Roll tortillas into a burrito and serve. To freeze burritos, wrap in plastic wrap and store in a ziplock bag in the freezer. (Do not add avocado if you will freeze burritos). Burritos can be reheated in the toaster oven at 350 for 25 minutes. Wrap loosely in foil if you do not want your tortilla too crispy. I am pretty sure can microwave these too if you choose to!
Nutritional info includes (1) paleo tortilla per burrito.
- 10 Naturally Immune Boosting Foods and Why You Should Eat Them - 13 January, 2021
- Berry Tropical Green Smoothie - 31 May, 2020
- Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies - 17 May, 2020