This Tender Beef Stew with Potatoes and Carrots is a classic comfort food. Simmering your meat in stock, roasted tomatoes and spices will create a deeply flavorful and tender beef stew that is finger-licking good! The addition of potatoes, carrots and green beans ensures a complete and healthy meal. Be sure to serve with homemade gluten free tortillas so you scoop up every ounce of delectable sauce, yes-it’s that good!
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
This recipe has very little prep work involved. You only spend a few minutes at the stove and this tender beef stew pretty much cooks itself.
I add potatoes, carrots and green beans to this tender beef stew to keep a traditional flavor. Nevertheless, you can add any combination of vegetables you like such as, sweet potatoes & peas. Any combination would work!
This is the perfect comfort food on a cold winter night and this recipe freezes well too! Bon Appetit!
Looking for a great guide for going Paleo with delicious healthy quick recipes, I highly recommend my friend Louise’s book, The Essential Paleo Cookbook.
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!Print
Tender Beef Stew with Potatoes and Carrots
This Tender Beef Stew with Potatoes and Carrots is a classic comfort food. Simmering your meat in stock, roasted tomatoes and spices will create a deeply flavorful and tender beef stew that is finger-licking good! The addition of potatoes, carrots and green beans ensures a complete and healthy meal.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 3 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 8 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Main
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or bacon fat
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.75 lbs flank steak, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 quart chicken or beef stock
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes w/green chilis
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free Tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 carrots, cut into 1” thick rounds
- 2 cups green beans cut into 1 1/2” long
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large stock pot to medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes and add steak, stock, roasted tomatoes, Tamari or coconut aminos, onion powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, bay leaves and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and add potatoes and carrots. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add green beans. Simmer 10 more minutes or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.