This Easy Thai Cucumber Noodle Salad is tossed in a homemade ginger sesame dressing and garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds, cashews and sesame seeds. It is made with minimal effort and ready in 15 minutes flat! Guaranteed to make you make you feel radiant from the inside out! Gluten free, vegan and Whole30 friendly.
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons filtered water
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos or gluten free Tamari (reduced sodium)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large cucumbers (extra wide)
- 1 large carrot
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- sesame seeds for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- In a food processor, blend together sesame oil, dates, garlic, water, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, coconut aminos or Tamari, mustard, salt and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Pour Thai dressing into a jar and set aside. Makes just under 1/2 cup dressing.
- For salad, spiralize cucumber noodles with a vegetable Spiralizer, I use this one. Arrange cucumber noodles on plates. This will make 2 large servings or 4 small servings.
- Make carrot ribbons with a vegetable peeler, divide carrot ribbons among plates.
- Top each cucumber salad with a drizzle of Thai dressing.
- Top each salad with pomegranate seeds, fresh cilantro, cashews and sesame seeds. Serve each salad with a lime wedge.
Nutritional data below includes 2 Tablespoons dressing per serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: dressing