Looking for some Vegan Peanut Butter Cups? Look no further! This recipe has only 3 ingredients and tastes like the real thing! Oh yes, my husband said these are pretty close to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups..but these are dairy free! Yay! It’s so easy a kid can do it! Mine did! See below for this simple step by step tutorial.
Next, you will blend together 3 Tablespoons of honey with a little less than 1 cup of peanut butter. I used Santa Cruz Organic Crunchy Light Roasted Peanut Butter. To be exact, measure 1 cup of peanut butter and scoop out 4 teaspoons.
Next, scoop a teaspoon of melted chocolate into your cupcake liners. Be sure to use two liners for each Vegan Peanut Butter Cup. I get my cupcake liners from Jane’s Cake & Chocolate Supply. They have dark brown or white liners. I had a hard time finding these online, you can call them directly and ask for cupcake liners for homemade peanut butter cups. You can also fill regular cupcake liners halfway.
Then, use a small spoon or your finger to spread the melted chocolate across the bottom and the sides of your cupcake liner. This will ensure that your Vegan Peanut Butter Cups have a chocolate outer layer and the peanut butter is hiding inside.
For heaven’s sake, take a bite! I did! Enjoy the fruits of your labor! The remainder Vegan Peanut Butter Cups should be stored in a sealed container in the fridge. Nevertheless, I don’t think they will be in there too long!
I am dropping these off at my friends porch tomorrow. She is gluten free and dairy free. I think she will be pleasantly surprised! Oh how I will treasure this picture with my son’s precious hands! He was such a good helper with this recipe! I am so blessed that they love to help in the kitchen!
Be sure to make this recipe, and if you have kids, get them involved. Cooking with your kids will make a difference in their lives that will last a lifetime. Please share in the comments below after you make this recipe. I love to hearing from you!
Also, please share this recipe with your community. If you have friends that are vegan, or have gluten or dairy allergies, they would be very grateful to get this recipe! Many thanks!!!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!Print
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
Peanut Butter Cups? Look no further! This recipe has only 3 ingredients and tastes like the real thing! Oh yes, my husband said these are pretty close to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups..but these are dairy free!
- Prep Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 20 cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 ten ounce bag dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter, minus 4 teaspoons
- 3 Tablespoons honey (or preferred sweetener such as maple syrup or agave)
- 40 cupcake wrappers
- Place chocolate chips in a small saucepan on low heat. Stir occasionally with a spatula until fully melted. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter and honey.
- Place 20 double lined cupcake wrappers on a cookie sheet.
- One at a time, scoop 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each wrapper. With your finger or a small spoon, spread chocolate over the sides and bottom of wrapper. Repeat with remaining 19 wrappers. You will have 20 chocolate cups.
- Place your cookie sheet with 20 chocolate cups in the fridge until set, about 2-5 minutes.
- Remove chocolate cups from fridge and scoop 2 level teaspoons of peanut butter mixture into each cup.
- Gently press peanut butter down with fingers.
- Scoop a teaspoon of melted chocolate over each cup and spread evenly with a finger. Finish off with a swirl. Repeat with remaining 19 cups.
- Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Remove from fridge and serve or store in a sealed container.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Instant Pot Chili Beans Recipe - 12 July, 2019
- Healthy Noodle Sweet and Spicy Crunch Bowl - 2 July, 2019
- 15 Fun Travel Car Games for Kids ( Mom’s Top Picks From Amazon) - 25 June, 2019