Chicken Bone Broth
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 quarts
- 1 whole chicken (use pastured chicken to make this Plant Paradox Friendly) cut into several pieces or 4 lbs chicken backs( you can have butcher cut up chicken for you if you wish, I like to remove breasts and leave skin on to roast for sandwiches)
- 12 cups of filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped or 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Rinse chicken pieces and add to crock pot. Add vinegar, onion, carrots, bay leaf and garlic into crockpot. Top with water.
- Turn crockpot on low, cover and cook overnight or at least 6-8 hours. Remove meat from bones (if using whole chicken) when it is cooked through (about 4 hours) and add bones and carcass back in and keep on low overnight. Use meat for a soup or curry.
- Strain stock through a colander and pour stock into freezer proof jars. I keep one jar in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. I place them in the refrigerator as I need them. Stock will last in the fridge in a sealed container for approximately 7-10 days.