Hi! My name is Ester Perez. Here you’ll find delicious gluten free recipes with a healthy twist. My recipes are family friendly, fully tested and include easy to follow steps and pictures.
I started blogging back in 2011. At that time, my kids and I were gluten free and food options at the market were extremely limited. Also, there were not as many gluten free blogs or recipes…so I started Nurturemygut so I can share my favorite recipes to other parents and friends. Little did I know that that a few years into blogging, Nurturemygut would reach almost a million readers per year!
In 2012 I became a Certified Health Coach and in June 2019, I graduated from Trinity School Of Natural Health as a Naturopath. I believe knowledge is a gift and it’s important to pay it forward. I try to share as many wellness tips about natural living on the blog. I have tried many diets to improve my health such as The Body Ecology Diet, GAPS Diet, Raw Food Detox and Whole30 Cleanse. All have given me experience as a health coach, allowed me to develop compliant recipes and learn the unique health benefits and limitations of each diet.
It is my mission to share what I have learned and help others live healthier happier lives. When I leave this earth, I want to be at peace knowing I made a difference and helped improve the lives of others.
This blog shares lots of healthy delicious family-friendly recipes that are always gluten-free, sometimes grain-free and mostly dairy-free.
Some things I believe in are:
- Not one diet fits all, we are all individuals and our bodies change over time, what may work now, may not work 2 years from now. My son outgrew his gluten allergy and no longer wanted to be gluten free. I fully supported him and accommodated his dietary changes.
- Get kids involved in the kitchen at a young age. They are so eager to learn, so teach your kids to cook!
- Vibrant Health must be earned and it is important to stay consistent to feel good.
- Some of us are born with bad genes, have inherited viruses or poor gut flora and really need to work hard to stay healthy.
- Ask for help if what you try does not work. I have hired dozens of Doctors, Specialists, Naturopathic Doctors, Nutritionists and Dieticians over the past 20 years to improve my health and families health. I have learned and gained so much over the years. I have learned that I don’t have to stay in misery, there are lots of knowledgable people out there willing to help. I once thought I was allergic to dairy and avoided it for 7 years because I would break out in eczema on my feet and legs. On one occasion, the eczema on my legs got so bad that it turned into a staph infection. My leg felt like it was on fire. It was inflamed, blistered, painful and swollen. I had tried many remedies with no results and even gone to a Naturopathic Doctor but it was not getting better. I finally decided to go to the dermatologist to get a diagnosis and medication. The doctor diagnosed me with eczema craquele and prescribed a steroid. The rash cleared up in days! I was so happy to have relief. I have never broken out like that ever again and after trial and error, I figured out that the eczema was due to razor burn from shaving and wearing tight pants or shoes, not a dairy allergy! So from now on, I don’t let things linger, I get help if a homemade treatment or remedy is not working or a health problem is lingering. I have learned to balance healthy natural living and modern medicine to fit my life and make it better.
What is your gluten free cooking experience?
My daughter was gluten-free for 7 years so I have a lot of experience making gluten-free family friendly recipes.
My son was gluten-free for 10 years and we discovered a few years ago that he can now enjoy gluten in his diet without experiencing the miserable skin breakouts he once had.
Having both children on gluten-free diets when there were very little options has allowed me to create most of my recipes from scratch.
I have discovered how to make delicious gluten-free tortillas, bread, waffles, pancakes and more!
At the moment, I eat intuitively. Whatever makes my body feel good, I eat. I am not focused on a specific diet, but more on what makes my body and mind feel good and energized.
How I recovered from Long COVID & Epstein-Barr Virus
On November 2022 I got COVID for the second time. My symptoms were upset stomach, chills, tremors in arms, legs and jaw, weakness & extreme fatigue. I saw several doctors, specialists and had about 9 rounds of blood work. It was extremely difficult to do anything physical. I went from being a super Mom and working out 5 days a week to barely being able to take a bath.
My worst symptoms from LONG COVID lasted November 2022-March 2023. I also discovered that I also have Epstein-Barr Virus, which my doctor believes is what made it very hard to recover. Working with a Naturopathic Doctor, connecting with others in Long Covid forums and working with an EBV practitioner were extremely helpful for my recovery. I researched a lot about what supplements were helpful for long covid and tailored my own protocol in conjunction with the practitioners that I saw. I also tried Dr Brook Goldner’s Hyper Nourishing smoothies 2-3 times a day and this sped up my recovery so much faster. By November 2023, I was symptom free and I am so happy to be back to my pre-covid strength. It took a whole year to recover from Long COVID and discover what my body needed. I worked very hard on repairing my mitochondria and gut, learned how to put EBV back into remission and look for the signs when it begins to creep up. Hyper nourishing smoothies, supplements, massage therapy, chiropractic care, exercise, rest, whole foods and family support have been a big part of my recovery. Since I will always be fighting EBV, I do my best to eat clean 80% of the time and keep an eye out for the signs of EBV reactivation. Wellness and healing is a lifelong journey for me.
I have learned to overcome many health challenges and this journey has taught me so much that I want to share healthy living with all those interested!
Join me in my adventures of healthy and happy living!
Need to get in touch? Send me an email to: [email protected]
Want to feast your eyes on healthy and delicious gluten-free recipes, be sure to subscribe below! You will get my delicious Paleo Breakfast e-Book as my gift to you!