Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies I have ever eaten! They are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
- 1/3 cup palm shortening
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup blanched almond flour ( I used Anthony Goods)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips ( I used Enjoy Life)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together shortening, coconut sugar, cashew milk and vanilla. Beat one minute.
- Add almond flour, baking soda and sea salt. Beat until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Freeze dough for 5 minutes or until cookie dough has firmed up.
- Line a large baking sheet or two small baking sheets with parchment paper, scoop some dough with a small cookie scoop, roll into a ball and slightly press down. Repeat with remaining cookie dough until you have 12 small balls.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cook for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Cookies will be crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. If you would like them crispier, put them back in the oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Category: Dessert