These giant soft and chewy Paleo Chocolate Cookies are the best! They taste amazing dipped in almond milk and hit the spot when wanting something chocolatey! I used Lakanto sweetened chocolate chips so the sugar is nearly cut in half and you will never know the difference! Shh…they are gluten-free, grain free and paleo friendly!
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened or palm shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Lakanto chocolate chips (divided)
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F with center rack ready. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. Whisk together blanched almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar and baking soda.
- Add softened butter, egg and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes or mix by hand until batter is smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of your chocolate chips and mix into batter.
- Freeze dough for 5 minutes or until slightly firm. The longer you freeze your dough, the higher your cookies will rise.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Do not press down.
- Top cookie mounds with remaining chocolate chips. See tutorial images above.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cook completely.
- If you do not have a mixer, you can mix dry ingredients by hand with a whisk and mix wet ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Don’t like flat cookies? Freeze dough for up to 15 minutes, they will get a higher rise.
- Running short on time? Add all chocolate chips to batter on step 4 and skip step 7.
- Swap chocolate chips for white chips. Add 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts to batter for a nutty chocolate chip cookie.
- Store the cookies in a tightly covered container in the fridge up to 5 days. Place parchment paper between layers so cookies do not stick.
- Prep Time: 13 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo chocolate chip cookies, best paleo chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies