This Easy Paleo Taco Salad is ready in 15 minutes! It is seasoned to perfection and cooked with yellow bell peppers, freshly chopped tomato and served on a bed of butter lettuce. Top it off with some freshly cubed avocado and dairy free sour cream for the ultimate flavor sensation!
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, preferably grass-fed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- dash of cayenne pepper (or more if desired)
- 1 head butter lettuce or preferred lettuce
- (optional) dairy free sour cream & 1 avocado, cubed
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add avocado oil, onion and bell peppers. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef and brown, stirring occasionally. (If making dairy free sour cream, make while meat is browning). Once meat is cooked through, add tomatoes, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over butter lettuce leaves. Top with avocado and dairy free sour cream.
- Category: Main