Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles with Easy Blueberry Compote-a delicious breakfast that can be whipped up in 20 minutes! These simple cornbread waffles are made with yellow cornmeal and organic gluten free flour making them completely nut-free! They are gluten free, nut free and dairy free. Top them off with a delicious blueberry compote and you have a fancy breakfast that looks like you spent hours slaving in the kitchen!
- 3/4 cup organic fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup organic all purpose gluten free flour (In this recipe I use this organic GF flour)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk or water
- Pre-heat your waffle iron
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, gluten free flour, coconut sugar and baking powder.
- Add in eggs, avocado oil and non-dairy milk or water. Whisk until smooth.
- Spray waffle iron with oil, pour batter into the center and close. Follow manufacturing directions for your waffle iron. Mine does not need to flip and the waffle is ready in about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove waffle with a silicone spatula and serve hot. Waffle should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Serve hot with blueberry compote or maple syrup.
- Nutritional data below includes 2 Tablespoons compote per serving.